Aktuelle Zeit: Fr 29. Mär 2024, 08:24

No corresponding roster move was announced 
Autor Nachricht

Beitrag No corresponding roster move was announced
Rams receiver Cooper Kupp tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee Nov. 11. He recently said he’s “where I’m supposed to be” in his rehab.Rams coach Sean McVay said Monday the goal is for Kupp to be ready for the season opener.“He’s doing great Darrell Henderson white jersey ,” McVay said in his press conference, via video from the team. “He’s right on track. I think the goal for us is to have him ready for Week One. I think he’ll be able to do some different things. He’s a guy who has attacked his rehab the right way. But I think for us, it’s let’s make sure we put him in the right position to be ready for whenever that opening date is. He’ll do some things individually, but as far as the specific plan and exactly where he is Darrell Henderson Los Angeles Rams Jerseys , the goal is let’s have him ready to return to performance, not necessarily competition, but performance where he’s playing at a high level, the level that we’re accustomed to seeing Cooper Kupp at for Week One. I know sometimes we’ll probably have to pull him back a little bit because he’s so excited to get going. But that’s kind of the goal where we are with him.” Kupp caught 40 passes for 566 yards and six touchdowns in eight games before his injury. He made 62 receptions for 869 yards and five touchdowns in 15 games as a rookie.The Rams missed him during his absence last season Los Angeles Rams Jerseys 2019 , and they hope to have him for all 16 games in 2019. The UDFA WR was a long shot to make the final roster"WhiteSections 2019 offseason2019 free agency2019 NFL DraftFull ArchiveLibrary 2019 NFL calendar2019 Rams regular season sched2019 Rams preseason schedMasthead Community Guidelines NFL Odds StubHub ✕Los Angeles Rams Waive WR Justin SumpterNew,35commentsThe UDFA WR was a long shot to make the final rosterCDTShareTweetShareShareLos Angeles Rams Waive WR Justin SumpterThe Los Angeles Rams waived WR Justin Sumpter today. No corresponding roster move was announced.When Rams head coach Sean McVay took over before the 2017 NFL season, he was already established as one of the premier up and coming offensive minds in the NFL. He wasted little time transforming Rams QB Jared Goff from ‘bust’ to a franchise QB.He has also shown an eye for maximizing talent at WR. WRs Brandin Cooks and Robert Woods both eclipsed 1200 yards in 2018 and Cooper Kupp was on pace for over 1100 yards before he was lost for the season with a torn ACL. After losing Kupp, Josh Reynolds showed flashes of being a very capable NFL receiver as well.I outline all of this because the Rams have four WRs on the roster who can contribute in a major way - and that’s not including TEs or RBs. Meaning that any UDFAs would likely be fighting for practice squad slots as a best case scenario.I sincerely hope that Sumpter was able to improve from his brief stint with the Rams and hope that he can use that experience to catch on elsewhere in the NFL.

Mo 20. Jan 2020, 08:45