Aktuelle Zeit: Sa 20. Apr 2024, 13:46

Scott opened with a 20-foot birdie putt, only to follow with 
Autor Nachricht

Beitrag Scott opened with a 20-foot birdie putt, only to follow with
ALLEN PARK, Mich. Julio Jones Womens Jersey . -- The Detroit Lions made it crystal clear to Golden Tate that he was their top target in free agency. They booked a flight for the wide receiver on Tuesday -- when free agency began -- and courted him the next day at team headquarters. The pitch included a chat with team vice chairman Bill Ford, just three days after the death of his father, team owner William Clay Ford. Tate, who was the top receiver last season for the Super Bowl champion Seattle Seahawks, liked what he heard and saw and agreed to join the Lions as NFL free agency reached its second day Wednesday. He got a five-year deal worth $31 million with $13.25 million guaranteed, according to a person familiar with the negotiations who spoke on condition of anonymity because the deal had not been announced. "Theres a ton of upside to this organization," Tate said. "And one thing that really stood out to me is that Mr. Ford found some time to meet with me. I know hes been going through a lot lately with family issues. So for him to find time in his busy schedule to meet with me and to have a conversation, that meant a lot. I felt like I was wanted here." Tate said the Seahawks made him an offer to stay, and that the New York Jets and Jacksonville Jaguars also expressed interest. He insisted it wasnt tempting to find out if the Jets or Jaguars would offer him more than the Lions did, but acknowledged it was tempting to ask the Seahawks to make another offer. "I had a great four years in Seattle," he said. "Im going to miss that place to death. Great city, great people, great fans. But for me, it just made more sense to come here." First-year Lions coach Jim Caldwell said landing Tate was a big deal for the team, which has been looking to complement All-Pro receiver Calvin Johnson. "We were looking, from an offensive standpoint, to find a guy who could go on the other side and be our No. 2 and play opposite to Calvin and give us some work inside and out," Caldwell said. "Golden Tate is going to be that individual." Tate led the Seahawks with 64 catches and 898 yards receiving last season, both career highs. The former Notre Dame star also scored five touchdowns last season, giving him 15 in his four-year career. He is expecting to flourish with quarterback Matthew Stafford throwing to him in one-on-one coverage while defences assign two or three receivers to slow down Johnson. Stafford threw almost 40 passes a game last season and Russell Wilson threw an average of 25 for the Seahawks. "Im leaving a run-heavy offence to a pass-happy offence and thats exciting," Tate said. "And, I can get to play with one of the best to ever play the game." The Lions also signed running back Joique Bell and confirmed they had hosted centre Phil Costa. They are expecting to visit with fullback Henry Hynoski on Thursday. Costa was cut by the Dallas Cowboys last week. He played sparingly the past two years after starting all 16 games in 2011, his second NFL season. The New York Giants started Hynoski in 17 of 30 games, including 11 in 2012, over the previous three seasons. Bell was paired with Reggie Bush, giving Detroit a formidable backfield. He had a team-high eight touchdowns rushing last season and was second to Bush with 166 carries for 650 yards rushing for the Lions last year. Bell had a total of 105 receptions for 1,032 yards the last two years. The undrafted free agent from Wayne State in Detroit played in half of the games as a rookie in 2010 with the Indianapolis Colts and Philadelphia Eagles. The Benton Harbor, Mich., native found a home with the Lions, who signed him off New Orleans practice squad late in the 2011 season after he bounced around with the Saints, Eagles, Colts and Bills. He has also become rich, getting a $9.3 million, three-year deal. "Its never been about the money, but I dont work for free," Bell said with a smile. Tony Gonzalez Jersey . Adding playoff teams. Monitoring instant replay from league headquarters. Possibly creating a set of guidelines to prevent locker-room bullying. Custom Atlanta Falcons Jerseys . Jamies number grades given are out of five, with five being the best mark. Henrik Lundqvist, New York Rangers (5) – He had good saves on Giroux, Akeson, and Hartnell tonight. http://www.falconsrookiestore.com/Falcons-Deion-Sanders-Jersey/ . -- The Florida Gators are first yet again this season. PITTSFORD, N.Y. -- The final moments Saturday at Oak Hill brought out more emotion as big putts kept falling in the PGA Championship, with one big difference. These putts were for par. Jim Furyk, after a 3-wood struck so poorly off the 18th tee that he couldnt have reached the green even if he had been in the fairway, worked his way up the 472-yard hole until he had a 15-foot putt from the fringe to keep a one-shot lead. The ball curled into the left corner of the cup, and the 43-year-old emphatically shook his fist. Adam Scott, whose sweet swing turned sour on the last few holes, was on the verge of letting the lead get another shot away from him when he knocked in a 15-foot putt for par on the 17th hole, bowed his head and pumped his fist. And then there was Jason Dufner, whose disappointment turned to surprise on the 18th hole when he took a step toward the cup to tap in a missed putt and watched gravity pull it into the hole for a par that put him in the final group. Perhaps those scenes were a prelude for Sunday, the final round of the final major of the year. "Its only going to get harder," Furyk said. Oak Hill finally had enough elements for a tough test, and Furyk showed enough of his western Pennsylvania grit for a 2-under 68 and a one-shot lead over Dufner. Grinding to the end in a swirling wind that cast doubt on so many shots, Furyk closed with two clutch putts -- one for birdie to regain the lead, the par putt to keep it -- that put him 18 holes away from winning another major 10 years after his U.S. Open title. There was nothing fancy about the way he worked his way to the top of the leaderboard at 9-under 201, but then, thats rarely the case with Furyk. He made three birdies and two tough pars on the back nine, and the one bogey was a bunker shot that hit the pin and rolled 7 feet away. He was so wrapped up in his game that he didnt even know the score. "Give me a leaderboard. Where are we at?" he asked before he was told he was one shot ahead of Dufner, and two clear of Henrik Stenson. "Im comfortable with where Im at," Furyk said. "Theres a crowded leaderboard at the top, and instead of really viewing it as who is leading and who is not, Im really viewing it as I need to go out there tomorrow and put together a good, solid round of golf. Fire a good number and hope it stacks up well." Dufner was eight shot worse than his record-tying 63, but at least he got into the final group at the PGA Championship for the second time in three years. At the Atlanta Athletic Club in 2011, he had a four-shot lead with four holes to go and lost to Keegan Bradley in a playoff. "I was young, new to doing the majors," Dufner said. "I think that was the third or fourth major I played in. So hopefully, the experience Ive had since then will pull me through and give me a chance to win tomorrow." Stenson, a runner-up at the British Open three weeks ago, dropped only one shot over the last 16 holes and ran in a pair of 12-foot birdie putts for a 69 and was two shots behind. Swedens odds of winning a major have never been this high. Stenson will play in the penultimate grouup with Jonas Blixt, who had a 66. Brett Favre Falcons Jersey. The surprise was Scott, who was poised to seize control at any moment. Scott blasted a driver on the uphill, 318-yard 14th hole that was so pure he snatched his tee from the ground as the ball was still rising. It stopped 25 feet below the cup, and he had an eagle putt to tie for the lead. The Australian two-putted for birdie, and two holes later fell back with a double bogey on the 16th. Scott escaped further damage with a 15-foot par save on the 17th and managed a 72. He was four shots behind, along with Steve Stricker, who had a 70. Those were the only five players within five shots of the lead. Still with an outside chance was Rory McIlroy, who came to life with three birdies over his last six holes for a 67. McIlroy, trying to join Tiger Woods as the only repeat winners of the PGA in the stroke-play era, knocked in a 40-foot birdie putt on the 17th and then showed more emotion than he has all year when he chipped in for birdie on the 18th. "It was good to feel the sort of rush again," McIlroy said. He was at 3 under, still six shots behind. David Hearn of Brantford, Ont., briefly the clubhouse leader during round 1, fell to 3 over for the tournament after carding 1-over 71 Saturday. Hearn looked like he was going to turn in a strong round, but he followed a bogey on 17 with a double-bogey on 18. Woods, meanwhile, will have to wait eight more months to end his drought in the majors. He opened with two bogeys in three holes and shot a 73 to fall 13 shots behind. It was a shocking performance from the worlds No. 1 player, mainly because he was coming off a seven-shot win at Firestone that included a 61. Woods has made only seven birdies in 54 holes -- four of them on par 3s. British Open champion Phil Mickelson was even worse. He sprayed the ball all over Oak Hill on his way to a 78, matching his highest score ever in the PGA Championship. No one looked terribly comfortable at the start, not with the swirling wind and water hazard that winds its way along the front nine. U.S. Open champion Justin Rose fell apart early with back-to-back double bogeys that sent him to a 42. He wound up with a 77. Scott opened with a 20-foot birdie putt, only to follow with back-to-back bogeys. And when Dufner ended his string of pars by driving into the creek on No. 5 for double bogey, it appeared that this tournament was wide open. The leaders steadied themselves, leaving the title Sunday it still up for grabs but likely among fewer players. Scott knows as well as anyone how unpredictable a final round can be. He was four shots up with four holes to play at the British Open last year and watched Ernie Els win the claret jug. At Muirfield last month, Mickelson came from five shots behind on the final day and won by three. "I would like to be leading," Scott said. "Four back is well within reach. Anything can happen in a major. We just saw the pin spots get tough today, and scoring in the final groups was very difficult. With so much danger around, its hard to be completely free where major pressure is on the line. Tomorrow is going to be similar." ' ' '

Mi 18. Sep 2019, 08:49