Aktuelle Zeit: Fr 29. Mär 2024, 01:19

relocation, to sometimes steamy 
Autor Nachricht

Beitrag relocation, to sometimes steamy
In its new interview with Browns receiver Odell Beckham Jr. Alexander Mattison Jersey , broached a topic that no media outlet had ever previously addressed with Beckham — possibly because most reporters realize that the answer to the question isn’t relevant. But Beckham didn’t seem to mind it. In fact, it almost seemed as if he wanted to talk about rumors regarding his sexuality.Here’s the first question, verbatim: “There was a period of time when a lot of gossip sites — specifically black gossip sites — would constantly say that you were closeted. They’d call you ‘excited’ in a hot-tub photo with your teammates or simply just say you’re gay. How’d that make you feel?”“I’ve never had an opportunity to talk about this,” Beckham said in response. “Honestly wasn’t offended. I’ve never once had no problem with anybody who has their own personal life that they live. I have friends who are gay. It was almost more funny to me. I almost messed with them even more. It’s like when someone gives me an ultimatum, I’m usually always going to go to the opposite way of what you want me to go. So when they would say that, I would almost mess with them even more. I have no problem with anyone’s sexual orientation.”Beckham doesn’t say whether he’s gay, although his response implies he’s not. But he also wasn’t asked that question, and he shouldn’t have been. Again, it’s irrelevant. But, again, he’s not offended by speculation that may have contributed to the slurs that reportedly were directed at him before and during a fateful game against the Panthers in December 2015. However, he does seem to be bothered by the fact that black media sites and the black community spend so much time wondering about his personal habits.“It was just a lose-lose,” Beckham said. “They’d see me with a white woman and be like, ‘Why don’t you be with any sisters?’ I have no problem with any race. Love is love. If you’re attracted to somebody, you’re attracted to somebody. There was such a stigma built up, [as though] I don’t like my own women. It’s like http://www.minnesotavikingsteamonline.com/dru-samia-jersey , no, I don’t like anybody who annoys me. . . .“Yes, it makes it worse when it comes from the black community. I feel like everything is a double standard. You want us to support the black community, and then you go out and bash black people for being happy. So someone can’t be happy, someone can’t be dancing. ‘Oh, he’s always around guys, he’s never around girls.’ I just don’t want you to see what woman I’m with, and I don’t want you in my personal life. I always try to keep my personal life my personal life. I feel like I don’t owe that to anybody.”He’s right about that, but this issue is another example of the mixed signals that routinely come from Beckham. On one hand, he’ll talk openly about personal matters. On the other hand, he’ll complain about people focusing on personal matters.Five years since he became an NFL superstar, Beckham still doesn’t seem to understand that seeking attention (such as, for example, submitting to a lengthy interview with ) comes with the reality that attention may lead to scrutiny. The only way to maximize privacy is to be genuinely and totally private; sitting for interviews with ESPN or or anyone else strips away some of that privacy, and sets the stage for fans and media to react to the things he says in those settings.And that’s the one thing Beckham and plenty of other star athletes have yet to realize. Sports and society have become increasingly polarized; anyone who stands up and gets noticed is going to draw not only praise, but also criticism. MIAMI (AP) — Experience tells Ryan Fitzpatrick that his job with the Miami Dolphins might not last long.After all Daniel Jones Jersey , they are his eighth team. And for now, at least, he is glad to be their starting quarterback.“I’m going to come in from day one and act like and be the starting quarterback for this organization, until they tell me I’m not,” Fitzpatrick said Tuesday, one day after signing a two-year, $11 million deal.He replaces the departed Ryan Tannehill and becomes a caretaker until the Dolphins draft a franchise quarterback, perhaps next month but more likely in 2020.Most of the Dolphins’ offseason moves under new coach Brian Flores have positioned them for a poor season, followed by a high draft pick and big splash in free agency next year. In choosing to sign with the Dolphins, Fitzpatrick said he was not fazed by their bleak immediate outlook.“I’ve been in pretty much every situation you can imagine in my career,” he said. “There are 32 of these starting gigs in the NFL, and this is one of them. The opportunity to be one of those 32 guys is an amazing privilege and honor. When they approached me about signing on, I was so excited about the chance to get on the field and play.”This year Fitzpatrick, 36, could become the first quarterback to throw a pass for eight teams. Always plagued by inconsistency, he started seven games for Tampa Bay last season and had four 400-yard passing games before losing the No. 1 job to Jameis Winston.His average of 9.6 yards per attempt for the year was the NFL’s highest since Kurt Warner in 2000 Quincy Williams II Jersey , and he said he is eager to keep playing.“I’ve been very fortunate,” he said. “Physically I feel great. For having a 14-year career and as many games as I’ve played, physically I feel probably as good as I could ever hope for.”Fitzpatrick, who has seven children, is changing teams for the fifth time since 2013, but he’s not sorry about all the moving.“I’ve loved it,” he said. “As a family we’ve looked at it as an adventure every time we’ve moved. We’ve had such a great time with it, meeting new people. The friendships we’ve made have truly been amazing for us. It’s not something I would change.”Despite the latest relocation, to sometimes steamy South Florida, Fitzpatrick said he will keep his trademark beard. It made it through two seasons in Tampa, which is nearly as hot.His new teammates include safety Minkah Fitzpatrick, who last season filed for a federal trademark of the nickname “FitzMagic.” The Dolphins’ new QB also has that nickname but does not anticipate any issues.“I haven’t talked to or met Minkah yet,” Ryan said. “First we’ve got to figure out if we’re related. But I think there’s plenty of magic to go around.”

Mo 16. Sep 2019, 10:51