Aktuelle Zeit: Fr 29. Mär 2024, 11:45

ere victories -- after 
Autor Nachricht

Beitrag ere victories -- after
Rick Dudley will be staying on as assistant general manager of the Montreal Canadiens for the forseeable future after agreeing to a more lucrative deal to stay with the franchise. The move comes after the Canadiens were approached by the Buffalo Sabres for permission to speak to Dudley - a former Sabres player and head coach. "The Sabres called for permission and I appreciate that, Im flattered, Dudley told TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun of ESPN.com. "And Berg (Montreal GM Marc Bergevin) said he would never stand in my way which I appreciate, too. But he said, Ive got something for you to think about. He presented me with an option, and you know what, I came to Montreal because of Berg, and Ill stay in Montreal because of Berg. Its been a lot of fun. If youre doing something you enjoy, why would you change it? Dudley said Bergevin phoned the Sabres on Wednesday to inform them he would stay with the Canadiens. In return, he got a contract extension. "It got extended by a lot, said Dudley, who turns 65 in January. "It probably means itll be my last deal. This is a great organization. Id like to help build one more (champion) like the Blackhawks and Lightning, I think it can happen with this organization, and if it does, it would be wonderful. Dudley was hired away from the Toronto Maple Leafs by Bergevin in 2012. Prior to joining the Leafs, he worked with the Atlanta Thrashers from 2009 to 2011, beginning as associate general manager before being promoted to general manager, assuming that role until the franchise moved to Winnipeg. From 2004 to 2009, Dudley worked with the Chicago Blackhawks serving as the teams assistant general manager after starting off as a hockey consultant. In Chicago, his work was conducive to the Hawks first Stanley Cup win in 48 years. Dudley previously had served as general manager of the Florida Panthers from 2002 to 2004. From 1999 to 2002, he was the Tampa Bay Lightnings general manager and played a significant role in building this team for the 2004 Stanley Cup win. Prior to joining the Lightning, he held the position of general manager of the Ottawa Senators in 1998-1999, taking the team to the top of their division for the first time in franchise history. Dudley thanked Sabres executive Pat LaFontaine for reaching out to him. "I think Patty LaFontaine will do the right things in Buffalo and I really appreciate them calling, Dudley told LeBrun. "But we started something here with Montreal and I want to be around for when it comes to fruition. Ben Bishop Jersey . 1 position. The Mustangs (6-0), who beat Queens 50-31 last weekend, earned 17 first-place votes and 287 points in voting by the Football Reporters of Canada. Western was last ranked first in the country in October 2011. Nikita Kucherov Jersey . The veteran safety was a starter for the Bengals from 2008-2012. He totaled 41 tackles and three interceptions while starting all but four of the 13 games he played last season. http://www.lightninghockeyshop.us/Nikita-Kucherov-Jersey/ . Robredo, ranked No. 16, bounced back from an upset loss to Leonardo Mayer in the second round of the Royal Guard Open in Chile last week to down Carreno Busta in 1 hour, 25 minutes. On a day filled mostly with qualifying matches, fifth-seeded Marcel Granollers of Spain also entered the second with a 7-5, 3-6, 6-2 win over Aljaz Bedene of Slovenia, while Guido Pella of Argentina defeated Guillermo Garcia-Lopez of Spain 7-6 (6), 6-4 to advance. Anton Stralman Lightning Jersey . -- If Henry Burris has his way, he will be the starting quarterback to lead the Hamilton Tiger-Cats back to the Grey Cup next year. Lightning Jersey . It was the second consecutive win for the Pacers (2-5), who lost their first five preseason games. Jeff Teague led the Hawks (1-5) with 17 points and eight assists and Al Horford had 12 points and seven rebounds. Mike Scott scored 15 of his 17 points in the second half.ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- Alfonso Soriano used his legs to help produce a key run for the New York Yankees. Curtis Granderson drove in Soriano with a sacrifice fly in the 11th inning and the Yankees avoided a three-game sweep by defeating the Tampa Bay Rays 3-2 on Sunday. Soriano started the winning rally with a one-out double off Jamey Wright (2-2). He stole third and came home on Grandersons fly ball to centre. "He ends up getting himself safe at third and now the situation changes," Granderson said. "I just have to get a ball to the outfield." Yankees manager Joe Girardi gave Soriano the green light to steal. "If its no outs you cant do that," Girardi said. "But with one out, were taking a chance trying to make it easier on Grandy." Soriano stumbled on his way to third. "Being the DH, my leg is not loose 100 per cent," Soriano said. "My mind is 100 per cent, but legs are not." Mariano Rivera, making his last regular-season appearance at Tropicana Field, received a standing ovation before getting the final three outs for his 38th save. The closer is planning to retire after this season. Rivera has 37 saves at Tropicana Field, the most by any opponent. Second on the list is Jonathan Papelbon with 10. Rivera has converted 64 of 66 save opportunities overall against Tampa Bay. Boone Logan (4-2) got two outs for the win. Pinch hitter Alex Rodriguez opened the 10th with a single to centre off Wright and went to second on Brett Gardners sacrifice. Rodriguez then was doubled off second after Wright grabbed a line drive by Ichiro Suzuki that appeared headed toward centre field. Rodriguez, who is appealing his 211-game suspension by Major League Baseball, was booed every time he came to the plate during the series. He went 2 for 9 with two strikeoutts.dddddddddddd. Girardi had the third baseman on the bench at the start of the series finale, due to a day game after a night game. Rodriguez didnt make his season debut until Aug. 5 after having off-season hip surgery. Evan Longoria homered and drove in two runs for the Rays. "We just cant permit the stolen base at third base," Rays manager Joe Maddon said. "Thats really what caused the win for them." New York got a homer and two RBIs from Robinson Cano. Longoria and Cano went back and forth for much of the game before Granderson delivered his key sacrifice fly. Longoria put the Rays up 1-0 with an RBI single in the first. Yankees starter Ivan Nova avoided further damage by getting an inning-ending double play from James Loney with the bases loaded. Cano then hit an opposite-field homer to left in the fourth and a tiebreaking RBI double against Alex Cobb in the sixth. He was easily thrown out attempting to stretch the hit into a triple. Longoria responded with his 28th homer in the bottom half. Nova allowed six hits and tied a career high with six walks in 6 2-3 innings. Cobb gave up seven hits over 5 2-3 innings. It was the right-handers third start -- the other two were victories -- after missing two months after being struck in the head by a liner hit by Kansas Citys Eric Hosmer on June 15. "Two victories and a chance to sweep, you want to step on their throat and finish them off," Cobb said. NOTES: The Yankees plan to activate SS Derek Jeter (strained right calf) from the disabled list for Mondays game at Toronto. ... Tampa Bay All-Star LHP Matt Moore (sore left elbow) is scheduled to pitch in a minor league game Thursday and could rejoin the rotation next week. .... ... The announced crowd was 34,078, which was just the Rays third home sellout this season. Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

Mi 9. Nov 2016, 13:27