Aktuelle Zeit: Fr 19. Apr 2024, 21:59

in qualifying. It beat Spain in extra t 
Autor Nachricht

Beitrag in qualifying. It beat Spain in extra t
Indias top competitor at the upcoming Winter Olympics in Sochi says not being able to compete under the national flag because of a political dispute will not harm his performance.In my heart and mind Im competing for India, luge competitor Shiva Keshavan told The Associated Press in an email interview. Every day Im flooded with messages from Indians all over the world telling me they are supporting me. This is enough to push me forward.The Indian Olympic Association was banned in December 2012 for not adhering to its own constitution and for electing tainted officials.Though the IOA has re-drafted its constitution as directed, the ban can be lifted only after post-Sochi elections, so the Indian flag will not be used at the Feb. 7-23 games.Ive never been motivated by external fame or attention. I love my sport which is why I have been doing it for 17 years. If I do well, people will notice. My focus is my sport, said the 32-year-old Keshavan, who is competing in his fifth Winter Olympics.Keshavan, who set an Asian record of 49.590 seconds in the Japanese city of Nagano in December 2012, conceded that winning Indias first medal at the Games may not be realistic.A medal is my aim but seems just a little out of reach at this time, Keshavan said. Im simultaneously working with my in-house engineering team to build a sled which will be hopefully the fastest I have ever been on. But this will take some time to develop. Right now, I have to focus on getting four clean runs in Sochi, and be the fastest I can.This season did not go according to plan due to lack of high level technological inputs, which I had hoped to get on time from certain companies. However, this has not deterred me, and I am determined, as always, to put up my best performance.The other two Indian competitors who will participate in Sochi are alpine skiers Himanshu Thakur and Nadeem Iqbal. Mark Messier Jersey . Pert has formerly spent time as an assistant coach with Cardiff City, Coventry City, and Bahrain mens national team. "Martyn is a highly-respected coach with experience at the top levels in England," said Whitecaps FC head coach Carl Robinson. Benoit Pouliot Jersey . - NASCAR announced a 33-race schedule for the 2014 Nationwide Series with virtually no changes from this years slate. http://www.hockeyoilersofficial.us/Jari-Kurri-Jersey/ . Siddikur, whose previous win on the circuit came in Brunei three years ago, finished his bogey-free round with a birdie on the 18th for a total of 17-under 199. Indias Shiv Chowrasia, who has finished runner-up in this tournament twice, was in second place after a 66. Boyd Gordon Oilers Jersey . "Hes going to have hip surgery on Jan. 7, and hell be expected to rehabilitate for four to six months beyond that," Canucks general manager Mike Gillis said Friday in an interview. Jean-Francois Jacques Oilers Jersey . Numbers Game examines the deal that sees Michael Del Zotto and Kevin Klein switch places. The Predators Get: D Michael Del Zotto.ISTANBUL, Turkey -- France won the Under-20 World Cup for the first time after drawing with Uruguay 0-0 after extra time and winning the penalty shootout 4-1 on Saturday. France goalkeeper Alphonse Areola saved Uruguays first two penalties -- from Emiliano Velazquez and Giorgian De Arrascaeta -- before Dimitri Foulquier converted the fourth for France, giving the Europeans an insurmountable lead. The French celebrated for minutes on the field with rhythmic dance moves, singing and waving to fans, before captain Paul Pogba lifted the trophy. "Incredible, this is the World Cup, the World Cup, the World Cup! It is something extraordinary," said Pogba, who was voted best player of the tournament by FIFA. "It will need some time to realize what weve done tonight." In the 36-year history of the event, France is the sixth European champion, but only the second in the past 20 years following Spains victory in 1999. "This is a formidable day," France coach Pierre Mankowski said. "I have to take my hat off to my players. France is a collective. Paul (Pogba) is important but it is the group of 21 that won us this title. Solidarity is the biggest quality of this team." Areola starred in goal with a couple of excellent saves in regulation before mastering two penalty kicks. "This is a great feeling, a relief as well," Areola said. "Saving the first two penalties was massive. It gave us a psychological advance as it took the pressure off from our players." Uruguay suffered its second defeat in a final after losing to Argentina in 1997. "Its very tough to talk now," Uruguay coach Juan Verzeri said. "We knew France is one of the best teams in Europe, they have a lot of international experience.dddddddddddd We played very well during the first 90 minutes. We couldnt score but we had 20 shots on goal." France had a modest start to the tournament with a draw against the United States and a defeat to Spain, but the team improved in the knockout stage. France found fluency in its attacking game and eased past host Turkey (4-1) and Uzbekistan (4-0), before edging Ghana 2-1 in the semifinals. "I didnt hesitate about the players at all," Mankowski said about the slow start. "The first round of matches is always difficult ... it was a killer group." France conceded just two goals in the knockout stage, and kept a clean sheet in the final despite missing suspended defender Samuel Umtiti, who was sent off for a second booking against Ghana. Uruguay was not regarded as one of the tournament favourites despite defeating 2011 champion Brazil in qualifying. It beat Spain in extra time in the quarterfinals and was held to 1-1 by unheralded Iraq in the semis before advancing on penalties. Six players of Verzeris squad missed out on a world title for the second time after also losing the Under-17 World Cup final to host Mexico in 2011. In Saturdays final, France dominated ball possession, but Uruguay created more danger, mainly through winger Nicolas Lopez, who had six shots on goal. After the match, Uruguays Guillermo De Amores was named best keeper of the tournament by FIFA, while Ghanas Ebenezer Assifuah won the Golden Boot for being the top goal-scorer with six. Ghana beat Iraq 3-0 earlier Saturday to finish third. Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

Di 8. Nov 2016, 15:13