Aktuelle Zeit: Di 23. Apr 2024, 10:58

atcher Wilin Rosario (calf strain). Helt 
Autor Nachricht

Beitrag atcher Wilin Rosario (calf strain). Helt
CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- NASCAR honoured a pair of its most famous and successful families with inductions into the Hall of Fame on Wednesday. Past champion Dale Jarrett joined father Ned in the hall and master mechanic Maurice "Chief" Petty became the fourth member of one of NASCARs most royal families to be selected for enshrinement. Maurice joins older brother, "King" Richard Petty; their father, championship driver Lee Petty; and cousin Dale Inman, Richards longtime crew chief in the hall. Tim Flock, a two-time premier series champion, also was selected along with Jack Ingram, who drove to success on what became NASCARs Nationwide Series; and Fireball Roberts, the flashy showman from the 1950s who raced to 33 victories before his death in 1964. The group will be inducted into the hall during ceremonies here next January. Ned Jarrett jumped out of his seat and hugged Dale when his name was announced. Dale Jarrett said he was dressed for his sons graduation party and expected to bolt out once the announcements were made. He was humbled to join the hall. "Ive always felt like it was an honour and a privilege to drive for NASCAR, and this sport has been such a huge part of the Jarrett life," Dale said. "Now to be part of something that my father is a part of, it just means the world to me." Dale, the 1999 Sprint Cup champion, was a three-time winner of the Daytona 500 and is 21st on the career list with 32 victories. He and Ned become the third father-son combo in the hall, following Bill France Sr. and Bill France Jr. and Lee and Richard Petty. Ned was part of the 54-person voting panel and told the group earlier Wednesday that his sons talents should be why hes elected and not because of his fathers backing. Brian France, NASCAR chairman and CEO, followed that Dale Jarretts on-track success made him worthy of inclusion. Former NFL coach and NASCAR team owner Joe Gibbs congratulated Jarrett, who brought JGR its first-ever Sprint Cup victory which came in the 1993 Daytona 500 -- still the only time a Gibbs driver has won Sprint Cups season-opening event. Jarretts "contributions to the sport are well documented and I can tell you his contributions to Joe Gibbs Racing really helped us to establish ourselves in the sport," Gibbs said in a statement. "The whole Gibbs family, J.D., Coy, and Pat really appreciated Dale taking a chance on us." Maurice Petty was the chief engine builder at Petty Enterprises and supplied the horsepower that led to most of his brothers record 200 NASCAR wins and seven series championships. He also made the Petty family four-for-five in NASCAR Hall of Fame votes. Richard was part of the inaugural class enshrined in 2010, Lee went in the following year and Inman in 2012. "It makes me happy because that means all of us are in. So Im tickled to death with it," Maurice said. Richard Petty said his younger brother earned his own way into the hall. "He won just as many races as anyone and probably more. He did it in an era where he did all the innovation himself," Richard said. "He didnt have a computer or anything else. He just did everything himself. Its good to see him join Dale and myself." Flock is 18th on NASCARs career victory list with 39. He won series titles in 1952 and 1955. Flock put on a dominant display on the way to his second championship, winning 18 of 39 races that season. Flock died in 1998. Flock received 76 per cent of the vote, the highest total of this years class. Ingram is considered one of the career greats on whats become the Nationwide Series. He won three straight series titles from 1972-74 when it was called the Late Model Sportsman Division. When the circuit became the NASCAR Busch Series in 1982, Ingram won the first race and series championship. Ingram added another Busch Series crown in 1985. Roberts was nearly elected last season, losing out on a second, tiebreaking ballot to Baker. His nickname came from his pitching arm, but is considered one of the first fan favourites because of his go-for-broke style. The five selected came from a group of 25 nominees. The Hall of Fame said the next three highest vote getters were small-track champion Jerry Cook; Joe Weatherly, who won two premier series championships in the early 1960s; and Wendell Scott, the first African-American driver to win on NASCARs top series. "All of the nominees will, in my view, one day be in the Hall of Fame," Brian France said before announcing the five selections. Richard Petty said the entire group of honorees are worthy members of the hall. "When you look up there at all of the wins these guys have had, the championships theyve had together and the influence theyve had on NASCAR over the period of years, from Tim Flock up to Dale Jarrett and everything in between, is when NASCAR grew," Richard Petty said. Craig Anderson Senators Jersey .2 billion agreement with Rogers Communications for the leagues broadcast and multimedia rights. Chris Neil Jersey . Murray beat Sam Querrey 7-6 (5), 6-7 (3), 6-1, 6-3 to clinch Britains opening-round victory against the United States on Sunday at Petco Park. "Im proud of the way Im playing just now, because I had to do a lot of work to get back to where I want to be," Murray said after celebrating with his teammates on the red clay court in a temporary stadium in left field of the downtown home of baseballs San Diego Padres. http://www.hockeysenatorsshop.com/ .J. Ellis hit two-run homers and the NL West champion Los Angeles Dodgers defeated the San Diego Padres 4-0 Saturday night. Authentic Mike Hoffman Jersey . A statement from the worlds top-ranked player says all checks "were satisfactory and showed positive evolution" regarding the injury, which contributed to his loss to Stanislas Wawrinka in the final in Melbourne. Authentic Chris Neil Jersey . The team also announced Tuesday that the Braves will wear a commemorative patch on the right sleeve during the season. The patch, shaped like home plate, carries the number 715, Aarons autograph and a "40th Anniversary" banner.DENVER -- Trevor Cahill took one for the team again. This time, however, he stuck around to get the win. Cahill shook off another line drive to his right hip and pitched into the sixth inning, and the Arizona Diamondbacks beat the Colorado Rockies 7-2 on Saturday night. "Same spot twice," Cahill said. "Fortunately, this one didnt take me out of the game." Matt Davidson homered and drove in three runs and Gerardo Parra and Chris Owings had three hits apiece for the Diamondbacks, who won for the first time since being eliminated from the NL West race Thursday. Charlie Blackmon had three hits for Colorado. Cahill (8-10) stayed despite taking a line drive by DJ LeMahieu off his right leg in the bottom of the first. The Arizona trainer didnt come out to look at him, and Cahill got the next three batters to strand runners at first and third. "He was hurting a little bit but he got through it," manager Kirk Gibson said. "Well see how he comes out of it." Cahill said it was the same spot where he was hit by a line drive in the first inning against Miami on June 19. He got through that inning but then came out of the game. He made two rough starts after that before going on the 15-day disabled list with a right hip contusion. Saturday, he gutted it out and got the win. "I think it glanced off," he said. "It was kind of sore for a couple of innings but actually felt a lot better as the game went on. Pushing off I felt it for a couple of pitches but I tried to not think about it." His counterpart didnt fare as well. Colin McHugh (0-3), still looking for his first career win, allowed six runs and 11 hits in five innings. "It was kind of disappointing, too many balls up in the middle of the plate," he said. "I had success the last outing keeping the ball down and out of the middle of the plate. Today we got beat on a couple of big spots in the middle of the plate up." The Diamondbacks jumped on McHugh in the first. Wiillie Bloomquist reached on a single and scored on Martin Prados two-out double.dddddddddddd They made it 2-0 in the second on Tuffy Gosewischs RBI single to right. Arizona broke it open in the third on Davidsons three-run homer to centre. Parra followed with a double and came home on Owings single that made it 6-0. "I wasnt looking nothing, I was just trying to battle," Davidson said. "Parra got a hit after that, then (Owings) did. Its fun hitting and its definitely contagious. It took pressure off Cahill." The Rockies broke through in the fourth on Jordan Pachecos sacrifice fly that scored Todd Helton to make it 6-1. Cahill ran into trouble in the sixth and surrendered an RBI single to Jonathan Herrera that made it 6-2. Josh Collmenter came on and struck out Ryan Wheeler to end the inning. Cahill allowed two runs -- one earned -- and seven hits, striking out five in 5 2-3 innings. "Only one walk," Gibson said. "When he doesnt walk people he wins." The Rockies felt like they missed an opportunity to get to Cahill in the first inning. "We had first and third nobody out and we didnt score," manager Walt Weiss said. "Its hard to say that in the first inning it changed the game, but it would have changed it early for sure." The Rockies were without outfielders Michael Cuddyer (right forearm, wrist) and Carlos Gonzalez (strained right middle finger), shortstop Troy Tulowitzki (day off) and catcher Wilin Rosario (calf strain). Helton and second Josh Rutledge were the only players from the opening-day starting lineup in the game Saturday. NOTES: Arizonas Paul Goldschmidt singled in the ninth to extend his hitting streak to 11 games. ... Parra has reached safely in 17 of his last 20 games. ... Cuddyer has missed three straight games but said he hopes to play Sunday. ... Blackmon has an extra-base hit in seven straight games. ... Arizona LHP Patrick Corbin (14-7) will face Rockies RHP Juan Nicasio (8-8) in Sundays game. Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

Di 8. Nov 2016, 12:55