Aktuelle Zeit: So 29. Sep 2024, 00:57

Kyle Shanahan said after Sunday’s game that Nick Mullens did 
Autor Nachricht

Beitrag Kyle Shanahan said after Sunday’s game that Nick Mullens did
very well in the loss to the Buccaneers. But Mullens won’t lose his starting job.Shanahan told reporters Monday that Mullens will start this week against the Seahawks. The coach added that it remains a week-to-week decision.Mullens completed 18 of 32 passes for 221 yards San Francisco 49ers Womens Hoodie , a touchdown and two interceptions in Sunday’s 27-9 loss.“I was good to go with him,” Shanahan said. “I know that I said Nick didn鈥檛 play very well, but no one played well and I didn鈥檛 coach well. It was all of us. Nick did a good job in his first two games. It was not the reason that happened yesterday, so that鈥檚 not fair to do that to him.鈥滿ullens has played better than C.J. Beathard.Mullens is 1-2 in the past three games, his first three career starts, having completed 65.6 percent of his passes for 733 yards with five touchdowns and four interceptions.Beathard took over after Jimmy Garoppolo tore his ACL and went 0-5, completing 60.4 percent of his passes for 1,252 yards with eight touchdowns and seven interceptions. Beathard went 1-4 as the starter in 2017. Second-year quarterback C.J. Beathard has been demoted from starter to backup after an injury for the second consecutive season. Despite losing five-straight this season and 1-8 as a starer Womens Customized San Francisco 49ers Jerseys , coach Kyle Shanahan still hasn’t lost faith in the 49ers’ third-round pick.“C.J.’s story is not over and that’s what I want him to know,” Shanahan said to the media Thursday. “You’ve got to realize that the whole world will say, ‘This is what you are,’ and I’m not mad at the world for that. People watch sports and that’s what they think. But, C.J.’s story is not over and he has the ability, he has the toughness, he has the mind, to be a very successful quarterback in this league.”In 2017 www.49erscheapstore.com , Beathard suffered a knee injury late in the game against the Seattle Seahawks in Week 12, paving the way for Jimmy Garoppolo’s debut. The 49ers went on win five straight to close out the season with Garoppolo under center. Beathard didn’t see the starting lineup again until this season after Garoppolo’s Week 3 ACL tear against the Kansas City Chiefs.Beathard may be enduring a similar fate this season after a hand injury forced Nick Mullens into the spotlight against the Oakland Raiders. The once practice squad quarterback orchestrated one of the most successful quarterback debuts in NFL history, completing 16 of 22 passes (72%) for 262 yards, three touchdowns, no turnovers and a quarterback rating of 151.9. Shanahan named Mullens the starter going into the team’s Week 10 matchup against the New York Giants on Monday Night Football. Shanahan’s faith in Beathard stems from his time in Washington alongside now Minnesota Vikings quarterback Kirk Cousins, who was signed in the offseason to a three-year, fully-guaranteed $84 million contract“Kirk Cousins in his first nine games, do you know what his record was? 1-8. He had 19 picks and 18 touchdowns San Francisco 49ers T-Shirt ,” Shanahan said “C.J. is 1-8. I think he has 13 picks. It doesn’t mean that he’s him, but I also know that a lot of people gave up on Kirk because of how he started and everyone wanted to put it on one guy when it was a lot more than just that.”Beathard’s completed 57% of his passes for 12 touchdowns, 13 interceptions and a QB rating of 74.6 over his two years with the 49ers. Despite again being demoted, the former Iowa quarterback has been able to keep a positive mindset as he moves into an assistant role being Mullens.“It’s tough,” Beathard said, via ESPN’s Nick Wagoner. “I mean, it feels like two years in a row kind of going through it. But it’s something that’s going to make me stronger in the end, I feel like. I think God’s testing me and I think it’s all going to make me stronger in the end San Francisco 49ers Hats , make me a better person, make me a better quarterback, a better player in the long run.”“C.J.’s story is not over and he has the ability, he has the toughness, he has the mind, to be a very successful quarterback in this league,” Shanahan said. “Don’t let other people tell you it’s over because it hasn’t gone the way you wanted it.”

Fr 4. Jan 2019, 05:38