Aktuelle Zeit: So 6. Okt 2024, 00:32

Fantasy football Week 4 waiver wire: Players you should targ 
Autor Nachricht

Beitrag Fantasy football Week 4 waiver wire: Players you should targ
this week As the season gets deeper — even though we’re only through three weeks — it’s tougher to find capable impact players on the waiver wire. But there’s still a few who could really make a difference for the rest of the season — and there’s always a chance for a surprise performance to pop up later in the season. So with that said Customized New York Giants Jerseys , here’s a few waiver wire targets as we head into Week 4.Calvin Ridley, WR, Atlanta FalconsRostered - Yahoo: 44% | ESPN: 40.8%Hopefully you got on the Ridley train before Week 3, but a lot of people didn’t He’s still available in more than half of fantasy leagues on both Yahoo and ESPN. The three touchdown game Ridley just had was great and while that’s not something he’s going to do weekly, there’s some staying power with the presence in the Falcons offense.Ridley is tied for second on the team in targets (15), but what he’s done with those is so much better. He has the edge on Sanu in receptions (11 to 10), yards (210 to 73), and average depth of target (14 to 6.4). Sanu appears to have a handle on the snap count advantage, but Ridley looks like he’s turning into the true No. 2 option in the passing game. As a receiver across from Julio Jones on a team that might be in some shootouts, Ridley is a must own if you’re in a league where he’s still available.Tyler Boyd, WR, Cincinnati BengalsRostered - Yahoo: 17% | ESPN: 23.7%The No. 2 option on the Bengals’ offense isn’t as sexy, but Tyler Boyd has been incredibly productive through three weeks. Boyd is second on the team in targets (21) and leads the team in receiving yards (249). Boyd isn’t exactly a deep threat, but he does lead the team in aDOT (12.0). Right now Boyd is WR16 by PPR scoring and he’s barely owned in fantasy. The Bengals offense has been clicking since Bill Lazor took over as offensive coordinator and the Bengals have a pretty favorable schedule of secondaries over the next couple weeks with the likes of Atlanta www.authenticsnewyorkgiants.com , Pittsburgh, Kansas City, and Tampa Bay among the teams faced before Cincinnati’s bye.Geronimo Allison, WR, Green Bay PackersRostered - Yahoo: 34% | ESPN: 34.2%It’s rare that a player on so many waiver wire add columns after Week 1 is still available after Week 3, but that’s where we are with Geronimo Allison. Allison hasn’t had fewer than 64 receiving yards in Green Bay’s first three games and even when he only got a season-low four targets this past week, he turned it into 76 yards and a touchdown.Allison is only the Packers’ third receiver, but Green Bay is using 11 personnel (three wide receivers) on nearly 80 percent of their offensive snaps this season — Allison has been on the field for 75.2 percent of Green Bay’s offensive snaps. He’s the deep threat for an Aaron Rodgers offense, which is never a bad place to invest.Buck Allen, RB, Baltimore RavensRostered - Yahoo: 27% | ESPN: 39.3%Skip ahead if you’re someone who invested in Alex Collins this season (*raises hand*). For some reason, the Ravens are fascinated by giving the ball to Allen near the goal line this season. Only Carlos Hyde, Todd Gurley, and Adrian Peterson have more carries inside the 5-yard line New York Giants T-Shirt , which has resulted in two touchdowns.Having Allen on your roster is banking on the Ravens continuing to get near the end zone and use Allen in this role, but there’s nothing to suggest that role is going to disappear anytime soon, even if there’s still a better back on the roster.Mark Andrews, TE, Baltimore RavensRostered - Yahoo: 1% | ESPN: 1.1%If you need a streamer at tight end or are in a super deep league, Andrews might not be a bad place to look.The Ravens will play the Steelers this week, a team that has been killed by the tight end so far this season. Andrews’s 9.9 intended air yards is ninth among tight ends with at least eight targets. Andrews is also second on the team in yards per reception (13.4). He only played 38 percent of the snaps this past week when he caught two passes for 59 yards, but he’s clearly the pass catching tight end on the roster and his role could grow.Pat’s Perspectives: The calm before the storm as Giants brace for crucial game vs. Eagles I’ve covered the New York Giants for 20+ years so I’ve experienced a lot of different locker room swings over that time.So this week, I was particularly interested to see what the vibe would be after an emotional, hard-fought loss to the Panthers which in many ways was reminiscent of last year’s disappointing loss to the Eagles on a last-second long field goal.What I came away with is that unlike last year, where that loss pretty much sucked whatever life was left in the Giants season, this year’s loss has supercharged them. by that I mean I senses a quiet, yet steely like calm among the players and a focus that I don’t think I’ve seen from this team in quite some time.Hall of Fame defensive end Michael Strahan probably said it best when describing what’s been missing from this Giants team but yet what’s been slowly creeping into the picture: cohesiveness. “It’s a new system, a new everything for everyone there New York Giants Hats ,” Strahan said during a conference call with the Giants beat writers Wednesday. “I think we forget that. We look at the players on the team and go, ‘We should win now.’ In theory, it’s great. But when you have a new coach, new system, new everything, it’s not that easy.”No it’s not. It’s a process which, as I’ve noted before on the LockedOn Giants podcasts is one that wasn’t exactly aided by the fact that the offensive and defensive units didn’t really play much together in the preseason to build up that cohesiveness.Lately, there have been signs of that gelling process starting to come along and that unity solidifying. Unfortunately, it had to take a few weeks of the regular season—and with it a few losses—to come together, but it wouldn’t be a stretch to say that the arrow is pointed in the right direction.As for Thursday’s game, I have no idea if the Giants are going to beat the Eagles Thursday night—I do think they can pull it off and (spoiler alert) I’ve picked the Giants in my BBV weekly staff picks.I do believe in my heart this team is going to come out swinging not only because it’s the Eagles but because of what’s at stake, not just in terms of making up ground in the division but also in further solidifying the bonds that Pat Shurmur and his staff have laid the foundation for. Brad Mills-USA TODAY SportsWilted FlowersI usually don’t like to read too much into things,but I found the following response from head coach Pat Shurmur in his weekly “Shurmur Sez” column done with Giants.com writer Mike Eisen about now former offensive tackle Ereck Flowers, who was waived Tuesday New York Giants Hoodie , of interest:Based on Shurmur’s words, it sure does sound to me that Flowers resisted the efforts by the coaching staff to help him improve. I can’t help but wonder if that problem became worse once he was benched in favor of Chad Wheeler and simply checked out mentally. I say that because last week when Wheeler hurt his hand, one would have thought that Flowers would get ready to step in, yet it looked like Spencer Pulley was instead being readied.Whatever happened, Flowers becomes one of the most high-profiled examples to clearly not take full advantage of the clean slate that was afforded to all the players. It will be interesting to see if he catches on and finally flourishes elsewhere.Jeremy Brevard-USA TODAY SportsFinal word on Odell and Lil WayneI’m not about to write a long, drawn-out editorial on why I think Odell Beckham Jr. made a judgement error by having rap star Lil Wayne by his side for his interview with ESPN. I get it that he was looking for support and who better to support you than your good friend,But part of being a leader is standing up independently and taking a stand. Odell did the second part and while I think parts of what he said should have stayed in house, I still admire him for having the moxie to go on national television to speak his mind.The first part—standing up independently is what continues to bother me. It wasn’t a good look—and that’s no offense to Lil Wayne. It’s just that if you’re going to own your words, which all good leaders do, do so without the cavalry there to back you up.

Mi 21. Nov 2018, 05:31