Aktuelle Zeit: Do 28. Mär 2024, 21:54

SALT LAKE CITY -- Deron Williams had a big red lump on his r 
Autor Nachricht

Beitrag SALT LAKE CITY -- Deron Williams had a big red lump on his r
SALT LAKE CITY -- Deron Williams had a big red lump on his right cheek. It didnt keep him from leaving Utah with a big smile for the first time since being traded by the Jazz in 2011. Williams had 19 points, including a couple of jumpers in Brooklyns game-clinching run, and Brooklyn beat the Utah Jazz 105-99 Wednesday night for the Nets first win in Utah since 2008. "Maybe in a couple of years I will get all cheers here, you never know," said a laughing Williams, who was once regarded as the future of the Jazz. He drew a few boos as he turned villain when his fourth-quarter jump shots quelled the Utahs last-ditch comeback attempts. Williams had plenty of help with big games from Joe Johnson, who scored 27 points, and Andray Blatche, who tied a season-high with 25. "They were huge. The way Joe played tonight was great. He and Dray pulled us back in the game when we were down. They are a big reason we got the win tonight," Williams said. Johnson made 4 of 7 from beyond the arc and 10 of 16 overall, while handing out six assists. "The break was good for me," said Johnson, who hadnt scored more than 16 points since Jan. 20 against the New York Knicks. "Its feeling a lot better. I dont have the pain I had when I bend down to go into my shot or make a move." Williams caught an elbow from Alec Burks in a scramble for a loose ball with 3:28 to play and stayed on the court for more than a minute before getting his bearing during a timeout. "I thought I broke my jaw. It hurts," Williams said before adding how good the win feels. His 3-pointer with 2:11 remaining gave the Nets their largest lead of the game. It was a memorable night for Williams, who struggled in his first two post-trade games in Salt Lake City. Brooklyn snapped a three-game road losing skid and the surging Nets have won five of their last seven contests. Burks led the Jazz with 23 points and Enes Kanter, starting in place of Derrick Favours (hip), had 18 points and 10 rebounds, but the Jazz wasted a 13-point third-quarter lead and a chance to extend their winning streak to a season-best four games. The Nets completed their first season sweep of Utah since 2006-07, but it may prove costly just two games into their seven-stop road trip. Paul Pierce, who had seven points in 27 minutes and didnt play in crunch time, was limping after the first sequence of the second half and called a time out so he could leave the court. "I have arthritis and turf toe but itll be all right," Pierce said. The Nets acquired guard Marcus Thornton from the Sacramento Kings for Jason Terry and Reggie Evans on Wednesday, but Thornton hadnt joined the team by game time so the team was short-handed. "This is the toughest time of the year because its always possible to lose a family member. Were around each other more than we are our families. So to lose a brother, it hurts, man. I hate to see Jason and Reggie go," Johnson said. But just when the Nets looked buried, they found a spark and they rallied together. The Jazz led 68-55 after Gordon Hayward and Richard Jefferson made back-to-back 3-pointers. Johnson had seven points in a 20-4 run that culminated in Blatches jumper that gave the Nets a 75-72 lead just before the end of the third quarter. "The big thing is we were giving up a lot of 3s . that was something we talked about taking away. The guys responded and did that," said Brooklyn coach Jason Kidd, whose team forced the Jazz to miss their final seven attempts from beyond the arc. In the final period, the Jazz battled back within 89-88, but Williams started the game-deciding run with a jumper and capped it with his big 3-pointer and the Jazz couldnt get within four points the rest of the way. "They went on that run and we never really recovered. Its a learning process for us," said Trey Burke, who had 14 points and 10 assists. Favours has been bothered by a sprained right hip he hurt against Detroit on Jan. 17. Though the Jazz outrebounded the Nets 46-33 without Favours, the Nets shots 50 per cent and outscored Utah in the paint 48-40. Utah dropped to 0-6 without Favours and just 1-22 when Kanter starts. NOTES: The Jazz made their first 15 free throws. . The Nets had dropped the last four meetings in Utah by an average of 16.3 points. . Andrei Kirilenko, who played his first 10 seasons in Utah, received warm applause when he checked in. . Jeremy Evans had a career-high 13 rebounds for Utah in just 20 minutes of play. Los Angeles Angels Jerseys . 1 and reigning champion Caroline Wozniacki was among Thursdays third-round winners, while second- seeded Victoria Azarenka pulled out of the draw at the $4. Rod Carew Jersey . -- Center Max Unger and tight end Zach Miller are both probable for the Seattle Seahawks on Sunday against the New York Giants and Percy Harvins recovery continues to be slow. http://www.baseballangelslockroom.com/z ... ls-jersey/. Kripps, of Summerland, B.C., and Edmontons Barnett used a terrific second run to move up two spots, putting the Canadian duo in medal contention with the final two runs set for Monday (11:15 a.m. ET, streaming live at cbc. Albert Pujols Jersey . Everton Preview West Ham manager Sam Allardyce has been around the game long enough to not get too high when things are going well and not get too low when they arent. Custom Los Angeles Angels Jerseys . -- Chris Tillman paid no attention to the Baltimore bullpen as it started to stir in the ninth inning. NEW ORLEANS -- Portland was trailing by three points with under five minutes left in the game and Damian Lillard was determined to keep the Trail Blazers losing streak from reaching five games. Lillard nailed a 3-pointer from the corner to tie the game and give Portland the momentum it needed to snap its four-game skid with a 111-103 victory over the New Orleans Pelicans on Friday night. Lillard finished with 27 points, Nicolas Batum added 22 and Wesley Matthews had 20 for the Trail Blazers, who played without All-Star LaMarcus Aldridge. He was sitting out with a back contusion. Anthony Davis scored a career-high 36 points for New Orleans and Brian Roberts added 19. Tyreke Evans and Eric Gordon added 16 apiece after both missed one game because of illness. Portland was trailing 94-89 with 7:30 to go in the fourth quarter when Lillard scored the games next seven points, and his jumper with 4:15 gave the Trail Blazers the lead for good at 96-94. "Up to that point I hadnt been able to get it going the entire game," Lillard said. "... Coach Stotts just kept deciding to put me in ball screens and in situations where I could attack; especially late in the game. My shot started to fall. I was able to make some plays and get it going a little bit." Wrapping up a five-game road trip, Portland opened the game on a 10-2 run. From there it became a back-and-forth affair that featured 18 lead changes with no team ever having a double-digit advantage. Davis alley-oop dunk with under 3 seconds to go in the half gave the Pelicans a 55-53 lead at the break. "A much-needed win needless to say," Stotts said. "I was proud of the way we competed and kept focused. ... Everybody that was on the floor tonight rreally had an impact on the game.dddddddddddd." The game was tied 75-75 with 3:36 to go in the third quarter when the Pelicans went on a 6-0 run to grab an 81-75 lead. They stayed in front until midway through the final quarter, when Lillard scored 16 points to lead Portland to victory. Emotional throughout the game, particularly after his jumper gave Portland the lead for good in the fourth quarter, Lillard said the victory was crucial to his teams post-season hopes. "I mean we had lost four games in a row," he said. "Then we finally were able to close a team out in the fourth quarter and come away with the victory. It was a great feeling." New Orleans coach Monty Williams wasnt surprised by Lillards performance. "You know what hes capable of doing," he said. "Some of the stuff is un-guardable like the last 3-pointer he made. Our guys know that when hes going left late game, you know hes going to raise up. We just didnt execute that well. Weve played against him a number of times the past two years so youve got to know what to expect." Davis scored 30-plus points for the sixth time this season "I didnt care about that," he said. "I only care about winning. We lost, so all of that is up to you guys. We just didnt get the stops. I missed some shots. They (Portland) made some shots. We just have to defend. We cant let them score thirty-something points in one quarter. We especially need to defend." NOTES: Davis received the February Kia Community Assist Award in recognition of his community work around NBA All-Star 2014 festivities. ... Davis tied the New Orleans franchise record for most consecutive games with 28-plus points with his 36 Friday night against the Trail Blazers. Wholesale MLB Orioles Jerseys Red Sox Jerseys From China Discount Yankees Jerseys Online Rays Jerseys For Sale Blue Jays Jerseys From China Wholesale MLB White Sox Jerseys Indians Jerseys For Sale Tigers Jerseys From China Wholesale MLB Astros Jerseys Cheap Baseball Angels Jerseys Athletics Jerseys From China Mariners Jerseys For Sale Cheap Baseball Rangers Jerseys Braves Jerseys For Sale Discount Marlins Jerseys Online Discount Mets Jerseys Online Phillies Jerseys From China Wholesale MLB Nationals Jerseys Cubs Jerseys From China Discount Reds Jerseys Online Brewers Jerseys From China Wholesale MLB Pirates Jerseys Wholesale MLB Cardinals Jerseys Diamondbacks Jerseys For Sale Rockies Jerseys For Sale Discount Dodgers Jerseys Online Discount Padres Jerseys Online Giants Jerseys For Sale ' ' '

Di 21. Mai 2019, 08:49