Aktuelle Zeit: Fr 29. Mär 2024, 10:39

NEW YORK -- Brooklyn Nets general manager Billy King said be 
Autor Nachricht

Beitrag NEW YORK -- Brooklyn Nets general manager Billy King said be
NEW YORK -- Brooklyn Nets general manager Billy King said before Friday nights game against Boston that Brook Lopez had surgery earlier this month that "cleaned out" his left ankle. The procedure, performed on March 3, was the Brooklyn centres second major surgery of the season after he broke his right foot on Dec. 21 during a game at Philadelphia. "The reason we waited to tell you today was because he saw the doctor and his right foot is healing great. In about a week and a half hell be out of the boot. His timetable is about the same," King said. King also added that he expects Lopez to be ready in June. "Hell be out of that boot on the left ankle in I think three, three and a half weeks." During Lopezs most recent surgery, King said that the 25-year-old centre also had a partial tear in a tendon. Prior to fracturing his foot, Lopez had missed a total of nine games due to a sprain in his left ankle. In 17 games this season, the fifth-year centre averaged 20.7 points, six rebounds and 1.8 blocks. Maury Wills Jersey . The two-time Olympic halfpipe gold medallist informed ESPN on Monday he plans to compete in Apsen, Colo. Sandy Koufax Jersey . -- Detroit Tigers third baseman Miguel Cabrera has a broken bone below his right eye after being struck by a bad-hop grounder, sidelining the star slugger for at least a week with opening day on deck. http://www.dodgerssale.com/. -- Wes Welker is unlikely to suit up for Denvers game Thursday against San Diego after leaving Sundays win over Tennessee with his second concussion in four games. Kirk Gibson Jersey . Szabados joined the Southern Professional Hockey League team last week. The 27-year-old goaltender from Edmonton backstopped the Canadian womens hockey team to Olympic gold Feb. Clayton Kershaw Jersey . Eller scored the midway through the third period after Dallas scored twice to tie it, leading Canadiens to a 6-4 win over the Stars on Thursday night.TORONTO -- Alex Anthopoulos was prepared to stay the course with catcher J.P Arencibia, until he discovered the Toronto Blue Jays could make an upgrade behind the plate with free agent Dioner Navarro. The Jays officially parted way with Arencibia on Monday by declining to tender a contract offer to the fourth-year catcher. The move came after Anthopoulos signed Navarro to a two-year, US$8-million deal. "Dioner had a wonderful year last year in 240 at bats, and we think that theres some upside there, especially considering his age," the Blue Jays GM said on a conference call Tuesday. "We just think its a nice fit, and obviously well find out." Arencibia struggled through the worst season of career in 2013, with a .194 batting average, 21 home runs and 55 RBIs. The 27-year-old fan favourite, who began his Blue Jays career with so much promise -- homering on his first major-league pitch in 2010 -- struck out 148 times this past season, 15th most in Major League Baseball. Anthopoulos said he has no idea why Arencibia regressed so much last season. "I wish I did. I do think hes going to bounce back," Anthopoulos said. "He was a little banged up, and one thing about J.P., hes a very durable guy, very tough, plays through a lot of injuries. There was a time we almost put him on the (disabled list), he wanted to keep playing, he battled through it and grinded through it, and Ive seen him play with a broken hand and things like that. "But I really dont know, certainly we didnt expect him to have that type of year. .. Obviously hes very proud and has extreme pride in his job, and I think it may have just worn on him." Still, Anthopoulos said the decision to replace Arencibia wasnt made until the "last few weeks or so." The 29-year-old Navarro, a 10-year veteran from Venezuela, has served mostly as a backup but was an all-star with Tampa Bay in 2008. He hit .300 with a career-high 13 home runs in 89 games for the Chicago Cubs last season. He also had 34 runs batted in. "Navarro was someone who has pretty good contact rate, low strikeouts, prettty good on base skills, been able to take a walk and work the count," Anthopoulos said.dddddddddddd"From a game-calling standpoint, the work that we did on him, everyone really raved about his game-calling, and how guys love throwing to him." Anthopoulos said Navarro -- whos also played for the New York Yankees, Los Angeles, Cincinnati and the Chicago Cubs -- is keen to get return to a starting role in the majors. "The fact that Dioner has played over a hundred games three times in his career, has been an all-star and is only 29, that certainly factored into the decision," he said. "Dioner is very motivated and very hungry to get back to being that everyday guy, he just hasnt had an opportunity to be the everyday guy since he left the Rays." The GM said he called Arencibia on Sunday night to let him know his plans. Through his struggles on the field, the catcher became a lightning rod for criticism this past season when the Jays were failing to live up to lofty pre-season expectations. The catcher lashed out on Twitter at Sportsnet analysts Dirk Hayhurst and Gregg Zaun over their negative comments. He then deleted his Twitter account, posting in a final three-part tweet to his some 145,000 followers: "Its unfortunate to see how words are twisted to make false stories. "I give way too much of myself to have others try and make me out to (be) something/someone Im not." "I will no longer be on twitter," he said. "Thanks to all the fans who support and praying for the others that hate. God bless." Anthopoulos said in the "grand scheme of things," the fact Arencibia vented his frustration on Twitter wasnt a big deal, and said there were never any off-field issues with the former Jays catcher. "I think he was probably one of our best guys in the community, always was available, always was a great supporter of the ball club, any time we had a need in the off-season," Anthopoulos said. "Theres a lot of things he did behind the scenes that no-one saw so to me he was outstanding." Wholesale MLB Orioles Jerseys Red Sox Jerseys From China Discount Yankees Jerseys Online Rays Jerseys For Sale Blue Jays Jerseys From China Wholesale MLB White Sox Jerseys Indians Jerseys For Sale Tigers Jerseys From China Wholesale MLB Astros Jerseys Cheap Baseball Angels Jerseys Athletics Jerseys From China Mariners Jerseys For Sale Cheap Baseball Rangers Jerseys Braves Jerseys For Sale Discount Marlins Jerseys Online Discount Mets Jerseys Online Phillies Jerseys From China Wholesale MLB Nationals Jerseys Cubs Jerseys From China Discount Reds Jerseys Online Brewers Jerseys From China Wholesale MLB Pirates Jerseys Wholesale MLB Cardinals Jerseys Diamondbacks Jerseys For Sale Rockies Jerseys For Sale Discount Dodgers Jerseys Online Discount Padres Jerseys Online Giants Jerseys For Sale ' ' '

Mo 20. Mai 2019, 08:42