Aktuelle Zeit: Fr 19. Apr 2024, 06:52

DALY CITY, Calif. -- Stacy Lewis matched playing partner Lyd 
Autor Nachricht

Beitrag DALY CITY, Calif. -- Stacy Lewis matched playing partner Lyd
DALY CITY, Calif. -- Stacy Lewis matched playing partner Lydia Ko with birdies on Nos. 15 and 16 and added another on the 17th to take a one-stroke lead Saturday in the Swinging Skirts LPGA Classic. Lewis and the 17-year-old Ko first played together two years ago, developing an on-course friendship features fist bumps and lots of chatter. "Weve played a lot of golf together," said Lewis, 12 years older than her counterpart. "I was impressed with her then. I think the best part of her game is the maturity." The third-ranked Lewis and fourth-ranked Ko each shot 4-under 68 at Lake Merced. Winless since the Womens British Open in August, Lewis had a 10-under 206 total. Ko won the Canadian Womens Open as an amateur the last two years and took the Swinging Skirts World Ladies Masters in December in Thailand in her second start as a professional. She has five victories in pro events. Lewis and Ko first played each other in the final round of the 2012 Canadian Open, when the then 15-year-old became the youngest winner in LPGA Tour history. "We both play fast and we got into a good rhythm," said Lewis, who has five runner-up finishes since her victory at St. Andrews. "Its nice to play with someone who is playing well. I think it made both of us elevate our game." Lewis matched shots with Ko, who celebrated her birthday Thursday, throughout the day to retain her edge. "Its fun watching Stacy play," Ko said. "She does make me feel like I have to play better. I always knew she was good. Her rankings and scores show that. Its really good for me, as a rookie, to play with a player like Stacy. Its a great opportunity for me to learn from another great player." Theyve played together through the first three rounds. "Its fun to be in the last group," Lewis said. "I know the crowd got into there. I think they were tired of us making pars, so we both went on a run there and made a few birdies for them." Lewis played bogey-free on a difficult course that was hit hard by rain Friday. "This is probably the worst Ive hit the ball all week," she said. "This course is so hard you can make a bogey real quick. I was putting good, so when I hit a couple of good putts for par, I got some momentum going." Jenny Shin was four strokes back at 6 under. She also shot 68. "My whole life I hit my putts short," Shin said. "Hitting it past the hole was my main goal this year. I had some long putts that fell in that helped turn it into a better round." Hee Young Park also shot a 68 to move into fourth at 5 under. "It was freezing and rainy yesterday and the win was always changing," she said. "Today the weather was perfect. That was the big difference." Michelle Wie, the winner last week in Hawaii, was tied for 13th at 1 under after a 71. She played the first two rounds with Lewis and Ko. "I think I was just a little tired from last week," Wie said. "So many emotions, celebrating, and travelling back here. I got some good rest." Jack Doyle Jersey . The two were in the batting cage moments before game time. Bautista was taking final warm up cuts. Pillar was hitting soft toss. The one-time utility player turned All-Star pulled aside the clubs young, fourth outfielder and offered him some advice. Braden Smith Jersey . Pinch-hitter Tommy Medica singled in the go-ahead run in the eighth inning and the Padres beat the Seattle Mariners 2-1 in their first home game since Gwynn died of cancer Monday. http://www.coltsfansshop.com/Colts-Dari ... ft-Jersey/. Directly ahead was open field, the end zone and the Seattle Seahawks place in the NFC championship game. Eric Ebron Jersey . - Tiger Woods only made it through 10 holes Thursday — this time because of the weather, not his back. Nyheim Hines Jersey . The Opening Day starter played 53 games this season hitting .192 with nine home runs and 25 RBI. Red Sox manager John Farrell has decided to start Jose Iglesias at third base as of late instead of Middlebrooks. NEW YORK -- Once Martin Prado caught Curtis Grandersons popup, Arizonas around-the-horn show zipped into fast motion. The third baseman whipped the ball across the diamond to second baseman Aaron Hill. He quickly tossed it to shortstop Chris Owings, who flipped over his shoulder to left fielder Cody Ross. One more pass to centre fielder A.J. Pollock, and soon the souvenir got thrown into the stands. Its a fun, unique routine the Diamondbacks often perform after inning-ending pops and flyouts, and they got to practice a few more times Saturday in a 3-2 win over the New York Mets. "No one really talked about it, we just started doing it sometime last year," Ross said. "You throw it to one guy, and then it goes to the next guy and the next," he said. "Just whoever is looking for the ball as we run to the dugout," he said. "Kind of a team-bonding thing, a chemistry thing." As Ross spoke, the postgame music in the Arizona clubhouse was pumping. "Young, Wild & Free" by Wiz Khalifa and Snoop Dogg featuring Bruno Mars was playing, and Ross sang along to the lyrics of "were just having fun." Quite a difference from the start of the season for the Diamondbacks. After opening up at 8-22, theyve gone 11-9. Josh Collmenter provided another solid start, Prado hit a pair of RBI singles and the Diamondbacks won on a wet afternoon to end a three-game skid. A day after Hill had a home run washed out when the game at Citi Field was postponed because of rain, he cracked a key hit that counted. His second-inning double set up run-scoring singles by Prado and Ross that put Arizona ahead to stay. David Wright homered, doubled and singled for the Mets. After he connected in the fifth for his third homer, Granderson popped out and the Diamondbacks began tossing the ball around as they headed toward the bench. "Its like hot potato out there," Collmenter said. "Its fun to watch." Collmenter (3-2) won his third decision in a row over a span of six starts. The righty with the unusual, straight over-the-top delivery allowed two runs in six innings before the Arizona bullpen held on. Collmenter led NL relievers in innings last year, and began this season with four relief appearances. He then moved into the rotation after starters Randalll Delgado and Trevor Cahill were demoted.dddddddddddd. Arizona reliever Evan Marshall got Daniel Murphy to ground into a double play with two on to end the seventh, and Brad Ziegler escaped a two-on, one-out jam in the eighth. Addison Reed pitched a perfect ninth for his 13th save in 15 chances. Zack Wheeler (1-5) is now winless in seven starts. His lone victory came in mid-April when he won at Phoenix in Collmenters first start of the year. Wheelers control troubles have hurt him this year. A leadoff walk in the second led to Arizona scoring twice, and Wheeler later hit two batters. "I was a little bit better with my command today. I was not perfect, of course, but it was better," he said. Wheeler was pulled after throwing 118 pitches, matching a career high. "I could have kept going, if it was not for the pitch count or whatever. I felt strong all the way through," he said. Hill doubled off the left-centre wall in the second, near the spot where he cleared the fence Friday night for a two-run homer. The stats from that game were wiped away when it was stopped in the fourth inning because of heavy showers, forcing a doubleheader Sunday. Prados RBI single in the third came after a throwing error by shortstop Wilmer Flores and made it 3-0 as a light rain fell on and off. Granderson hit an RBI double in the Mets third after singles by Murphy and Wright. NOTES: Arizona had lost five in a row to the Mets. ... The Mets are 1-9 in their last 10 games decided by one run. ... Arizona RHP Bronson Arroyo (4-3, 4.45) will start Game 1 Sunday against RHP Rafael Montero (0-2, 6.97). The Diamondbacks will promote RHP Zeke Spruill from Triple-A to make his season debut in the majors in the second game vs. RHP Daisuke Matsuzaka (1-0, 2.14). Matsuzaka hasnt started this year. ... Righty reliever Vic Black will join the Mets as the 26th man for the doubleheader. He throws hard, but can be wild. ... Mets LF Chris Young rammed into the wall padding while catching Hills drive in the fifth. ... Mets RHP Bartolo Colon turned 41, a day after pitching four innings in the rainout. Hes giving up home runs at much higher rate than usual, and manager Terry Collins said pitch location is the problem. ... Wright is 13 for 29 during a seven-game hitting streak. Wholesale MLB Orioles Jerseys Red Sox Jerseys From China Discount Yankees Jerseys Online Rays Jerseys For Sale Blue Jays Jerseys From China Wholesale MLB White Sox Jerseys Indians Jerseys For Sale Tigers Jerseys From China Wholesale MLB Astros Jerseys Cheap Baseball Angels Jerseys Athletics Jerseys From China Mariners Jerseys For Sale Cheap Baseball Rangers Jerseys Braves Jerseys For Sale Discount Marlins Jerseys Online Discount Mets Jerseys Online Phillies Jerseys From China Wholesale MLB Nationals Jerseys Cubs Jerseys From China Discount Reds Jerseys Online Brewers Jerseys From China Wholesale MLB Pirates Jerseys Wholesale MLB Cardinals Jerseys Diamondbacks Jerseys For Sale Rockies Jerseys For Sale Discount Dodgers Jerseys Online Discount Padres Jerseys Online Giants Jerseys For Sale ' ' '

Fr 17. Mai 2019, 05:36