Aktuelle Zeit: Fr 29. Mär 2024, 14:01

EDMONTON - Henrik Lundqvist didnt have to do much for his fi 
Autor Nachricht

Beitrag EDMONTON - Henrik Lundqvist didnt have to do much for his fi
EDMONTON - Henrik Lundqvist didnt have to do much for his fifth shutout of the season. Lundqvist only needed to make 16 saves as the Rangers won their third game in a row, defeating the Edmonton Oilers 2-0 on Sunday.It was not a very tough game for me, but they had a few chances here and there, Lundqvist said. We were patient. We felt like they were playing not to make any mistakes and were staying back. They were waiting for us to make mistakes so that they could counter. But we did a good job of playing a smart hockey game. We just stuck with the game plan and let our chances come to us. I thought we were the better team the whole game, but at the same time it was still a one-goal game for most of it.Dan Girardi and Carl Hagelin scored for the Rangers (14-10-4), who have picked up victories in five of their past seven games.The Rangers played on back-to-back nights with Lundqvist getting the start in both.The Swedish netminder said he was eager to get back into the net so soon after Saturdays 5-1 win over the Canucks in Vancouver.It feels the last couple weeks I havent played much, so I was happy when they told me I was going in again, he said. I am used to getting into a mental flow where you dont have to work to get focused, but when you dont play as much you have to work a little harder at that.Rick Nash picked up an assist on the game winner, running his point streak to a career-high 10 games— the longest active point streak in the NHL this season.Hes been one of our most consistent performers on both ends of the rink, said Rangers head coach Alain Vigneault. In this league you have to be able to score, but you also have to be able to defend and he has done a really good job in both ends of the ice for us.The Oilers (7-19-5), who have lost four in a row and 15 of their past 16 games overall, sit in last place in the NHL.When you put only 16 shots on net, its tough to win and it showed tonight, said Oilers forward Ryan Nugent-Hopkins.Edmonton head coach Dallas Eakins said the Rangers put up a bit of a brick wall.It was a tough night it seemed to get anything going, he said. It was one of those, it looked like a game where youre watching paint dry. Both teams were being fairly responsible. The Rangers a few years ago took on that mentality of shot blocking where nothing was ever going to get through. It seemed like they were able to block a ton of shots and we werent able to get them through.The Rangers went up 1-0 with four minutes left to play in the opening period as a Girardi pass through the crease hit the skate of Oiler Mark Arcobello and went straight into the net past Edmonton starter Ben Scrivens.It was the 21st time in 31 games the Oilers allowed the first goal of the game.The Rangers had seven first-period shots to Edmontons five.New York had the bulk of the Grade A chances in the second period, but Scrivens was solid to keep his team in it. He was lucky once when Mats Zuccarello shot a puck over the net, but also came across the crease to make a huge pad save on a Ryan McDonagh rebound late in the period.Despite a limited amount of action around his net, Lundqvist did make a point-blank save on Oilers defender Jeff Petry with four minutes to play in the middle frame to keep his team ahead.The shots favoured the Rangers by a 15-10 margin after 40 minutes.Lundqvist bailed out his defenders with another big save in close on Taylor Hall with six-and-a-half minutes remaining in the third period.Edmonton pulled Scrivens in the late stages, but it worked against them as Hagelin scored an empty-net goal.Both teams return to action on Tuesday as the Rangers travel to Calgary to face the Flames and the Oilers begin a two-game road swing against the Arizona Coyotes.Notes: It was the second of two games between the two teams this season. The Oilers earned a 3-1 win against the New York Rangers at Madison Square Garden on Nov. 9, but came into the game with just one win in the 15 games since (1-10-4)… Rangers forward Rick Nash came into the contest riding a nine-game point streak with six goals and five assists in that span... J.T. Miller had three goals and one assist in his five games since being recalled from the Hartford Wolf Pack of the AHL… Edmonton recalled defenseman Brad Hunt from the Oklahoma City Barons of the AHL before the game, but he was a healthy scratch… Out with injuries for the Oilers were Benoit Pouliot (foot), Boyd Gordon (back), Nikita Nikitin (back) and Oscar Klefbom (foot)… The Rangers had no reported injuries. Toronto Maple Leafs Jerseys .C. -- Tony Stewart will not race Saturday night at Bristol Motor Speedway, the third Sprint Cup race hes skipped since his car struck and killed Kevin Ward Jr. Tiger Williams Jersey . He had even more fun Friday. Coming off a sensational rookie season, Spieth opened the new year by never coming close to bogey and making a 12-foot birdie putt on the last hole for a 7-under 66. http://www.officialmapleleafspro.com/Bo ... fs-jersey/. I kept my eyes focused up on the camera during each approach. I just tried to stay focused on my form, as I didnt know what the ball reaction was. I was quite emotional at the end. I did not actually see any of the shots in the game until I got home and watched the video. Mike Palmateer Jersey . A veteran of 16 NHL seasons, Prospals career was highlighted by him ranking fourth in points scored, third in assists and sixth in games played among all Czech Republic born players in NHL history. Nazem Kadri Jersey .The league also seems to have a fairly active Twitter account www.twitter.com/bikinihockey that features the description “We provide a positive alternative to the hockey community and a venue for adult female hockey athletes to continue in their sport. MIAMI -- Chris Bosh got them started. LeBron James took over in the second half. And in the end, the Miami Heat moved one win from yet another Eastern Conference title. James had 32 points and 10 rebounds, Bosh added 25 points -- nearly matching his output from the first three games of the series combined -- and the Heat grabbed control of the East finals by topping the Indiana Pacers 102-90 in Game 4 for a 3-1 lead. Dwyane Wade added 15 points and Miami never trailed, leading by 23 at one point. "We try to get better every single day, every single game," James said. "When you do that and go out and play the type of game that you are capable of playing, you can be satisfied with the results. And thats what weve built over the years." Only the Celtics and Lakers franchises have been to the NBA Finals in four straight seasons. The Heat now have three chances to join that club, starting with Game 5 at Indiana on Wednesday night. "We got outplayed by the Heat," Pacers coach Frank Vogel said. "I wasnt disappointed in our fight. I was disappointed in the result." Paul George scored 23 points and David West added 20 points and 12 rebounds for the Pacers, who got 15 points from George Hill. But Lance Stephenson -- who made news in the days between Games 3 and 4 by suggesting he was in James head -- was held to nine and 7-foot-2 centre Roy Hibbert was scoreless in 22 minutes for Indiana. "I was trying to get into his head," Stephenson said, referring to James. "I guess he stepped up and got the win. I can take the heat." The heat, maybe. The Heat, maybe not. Miami has won the last three games in the series, and going back to the point in Game 3 when the Heat trailed by 15, they have outscored the Pacers by 39 points in a span of about 6 1/2 quarters. The Pacers won two elimination games in the first round against Atlanta, and need to win three more if their yearlong plan of topping Miami as kings of the East is going to become reality. The odds are obviously stacked against them. When holding a 3-1 lead, Miami is 8-0 in Game 5s over the past four postseasons. "We have a chance to play an NBA game on our home floor," West said. "We are going to try to do something thats very tough." Bosh scored the games first eight points, making a pair of 3-pointers and ending a series-long funk. He had scored exactly nine points in each of the first three games of these East finals and was held under 10 points in each of his last seven playoff games against Indiana. But he came out flying, and probably not coincidentally, the Heat finally had a good start. &qquot;I told him he was going to have a great game," James said.dddddddddddd "We got off to a fast start because of him." Miami won the first quarter for the first time in the series, going up 27-19 and helped in part by a late 3-pointer from Shane Battier -- with replays showing Vogel moved down the sideline toward the Heat forward as he shot from near the Indiana bench. If nothing else, at least he was trying to beat Big Brother. Much as he did Sunday, Vogel used the big brother-little brother analogy with his team, trying any way to urge the Pacers to break through against the team that has ended their season in each of the past two years. "Hes got to make a decision at some point in his life, that no matter what, were not going to lose this fight anymore," Vogel said, likening the Pacers to the little brother in that scenario. "Were at that point." The fight isnt over. But it was awfully one-sided for long stretches of Game 4, and George -- who said he thought Indiana outplayed Miami -- pointed to free throws as the reason why. Miami was 30 of 34 from the line; Indiana was 11 of 17. "They won this game at the free-throw line," George said. Miami outscored Indiana 31-20 in the third quarter and kept pulling away before the Pacers used a 15-3 run to make things rather interesting. Stephenson had a layup with 3:20 left that would have gotten Indiana within nine -- but it was waved off after he was called for fouling Wade on his way to the basket. Stephenson scored with 1:31 left to make it 99-90, but James snuffed out any comeback hopes right there with a three-point play. Miami was without Chris Andersen, inactive because of a bruised left thigh. The Heat also tweaked their starting lineup, with Rashard Lewis in and Udonis Haslem out. The Pacers were down only 49-44 at halftime -- even though Hibbert and Stephenson both had three fouls, the Heat didnt have a turnover until the second quarter, Miami shot 10 more free throws in the half and Bosh and James combined for 32 points in the first 24 minutes. If there was any doubt, Miami erased it quickly after halftime. James scored five points in a 7-0 spurt to open the second half, and the Heat were on their way. "Theyre the best offensive team in the NBA," Vogel said. NOTES: It was the 74th playoff game where James had at least 25 points, five rebounds and five assists, passing Michael Jordan for the most in NBA history. ... George passed Reggie Miller for the highest scoring single-season (including playoffs) by a player in Pacers history. Miller had 2,078 in 1989-90; George entered Game 4 with 2,077 points. Wholesale MLB Orioles Jerseys Red Sox Jerseys From China Discount Yankees Jerseys Online Rays Jerseys For Sale Blue Jays Jerseys From China Wholesale MLB White Sox Jerseys Indians Jerseys For Sale Tigers Jerseys From China Wholesale MLB Astros Jerseys Cheap Baseball Angels Jerseys Athletics Jerseys From China Mariners Jerseys For Sale Cheap Baseball Rangers Jerseys Braves Jerseys For Sale Discount Marlins Jerseys Online Discount Mets Jerseys Online Phillies Jerseys From China Wholesale MLB Nationals Jerseys Cubs Jerseys From China Discount Reds Jerseys Online Brewers Jerseys From China Wholesale MLB Pirates Jerseys Wholesale MLB Cardinals Jerseys Diamondbacks Jerseys For Sale Rockies Jerseys For Sale Discount Dodgers Jerseys Online Discount Padres Jerseys Online Giants Jerseys For Sale ' ' '

Do 16. Mai 2019, 10:38