Aktuelle Zeit: Do 18. Apr 2024, 06:59

s a pretty good 
Autor Nachricht

Beitrag s a pretty good
Philadelphia, PA (SportsNetwork.com) - Over the last 30 years, the winner of the Breeders Cup Juvenile has been awarded the position as the early favorite for the following years Kentucky Derby. Just one Juvenile champ, Street Sense, has accomplished the double victory. Now as 2014 comes to an end, the early favorite for the 141st Run for the Roses is not Texas Red, winner of the 31st Juvenile, but a 2-year-old colt who didnt start in the race on Nov. 1 at Santa Anita. As the calendar changes to 2015, the leading soon-to-be 3-year-old is a Bob Baffert-trained thoroughbred with just three starts, including a single stakes. His name is Dortmund, a son of 2008 Kentucky Derby and Preakness winner Big Brown. The chestnut colt exhibited excellent racing competence this past Saturday when winning the $500,000 Los Alamitos Futurity at 1 1/16 miles. He learned a lot. That was the first time he went two turns, noted winning jockey Martin Garcia, and usually hes right there (on the lead), but today they broke really fast. I was pretty comfortable. I knew what I had underneath. Two months ago, he was pretty quiet. He was a baby, when he first ran, it was a big difference. Dortmund, owned by Kaleem Shah, came into the Futurity, formerly the CashCall Futurity at Hollywood Park, off a pair of wins by a total of 12 1/2 lengths. Unlike most 2-year-olds, he used stalking moves both times before running away from his opposition with Garcia in the saddle each start. The Saturday start at Los Alamitos was a move up in class and, as Garcia noted above, a learning opportunity for the colt. He allowed stakes-veteran Mr. Z to set the pace and joined in on the lead around the final turn. It was a three- horse photo finish at the wire, including Firing Line, with Dortmund getting a head decision over Firing Line and Mr. Z. It was so close, Baffert said after the race. I knew it was going to be those three (Dortmund, Firing Line and Mr. Z). Theyre all really good horses. Hes such a big horse. I wasnt sure how he was going to handle the turns here. He broke well and (Garcia) got him into his own rhythm. He reminds me of Point Given. Hes got a good mind, but hes still filling out and hes still learning. Dortmund notched his first stakes win by establishing a track record of 1:40.86. Even more reason to like this horse come the First Saturday in May. Dortmund has been favored in all three starts and was the top rated horse in the first Kentucky Derby Future Wager at the end of November. Among the 23 individual horses, Bafferts youngster was 9-1 with stablemate American Pharoah at 12-1. The mutuel field was the overall leader at 3-5. The next Future Wager Pool will be Friday, Feb. 6 through Sunday, Feb. 8 and assuredly Dortmund will have much lower odds than 9-1. Nick Vannett Jersey . The Union looked to have grabbed a big win in the 88th minute when Amobi Okugo finally put the hosts in front. But a terrible giveaway by Union goalkeeper Rais Mbolhi handed Earnshaw the equalizer in the second minute of stoppage time, keeping the Union two points back of fifth-place Red Bull New York for the final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference. J.R. Sweezy Jersey .85 million contract with the two-time Gold Glove outfielder. Parra earned his second Gold Glove last season when he set a club record with 17 outfield assists. http://www.officialseattleseahawksfootb ... sey-womens. Ronaldo failed to connect on an ample number of opportunities at Santiago Bernabeu Stadium. But Karim Benzema and Jese Rodriguez scored in each half for Madrid to come out of the first leg with the firm advantage. Alex McGough Jersey . Both sides came closest to scoring in the first half, when Roma had a goal from Mattia Destro waved off for offside and Inters Rodrigo Palacio headed high. "A draw was a fair result. Neither squad had many chances," Roma midfielder Miralem Pjanic said. Shaquem Griffin Jersey .Y. - Alex Smith and the Kansas City Chiefs didnt flinch in the face of adversity.CALGARY - Ryan Getzlaf returns to Calgarys Saddledome on Sunday not as a member of the enemy Anaheim Ducks, but to be celebrated as a Calgary Hitmen alumnus.The forward watched former Ducks teammate Teemu Selanne have his No. 8 retired at Anaheims Honda Centre just a few days ago.At 29, Getzlaf has several more years of NHL hockey before the Ducks honour him that way. But he has reached a stage of his career where his hockey legacy has begun to be documented.The Western Hockey Leagues Calgary Hitmen, who are owned by the NHLs Flames, are making Getzlaf the inaugural member of their Forever A Hitmen honour role.The Regina native played four seasons for the Hitmen from 2002 to 2005 before going on to win a Stanley Cup with the Ducks in 2007, as well as Olympic gold medals with the Canadian mens hockey team in 2010 and 2014.Getzlaf will be at Scotiabank Saddledome prior to Sundays Hitmen game versus the Regina Pats. His name on a banner will be put on permanent display there.Seeing the extent of how people welcomed Teemu and how much he meant to a lot of people around the rink and with the fans and everything makes you kind of think back on your time for sure, Getzlaf said.Anaheims captain since 2010 has averaged almost a point per game in just over 650 career games for the Ducks. At 28-10-6, the Ducks are pulling away with the Pacific Division lead this season.The Hitmen helped lay the foundation for Getzlafs rapid rise to premier-player status in the NHL.I wasnt fortunate enough to win a Memorial Cup or anything like that, but I got a lot of good playoff experience and good exposure, Getzlaf said. Playing in the Western league, you learn what that 82-game schedule is like. You also get to experience things in Calgary that you dont in a lot of places.To see NHL teams come in and out and practise and watch games, and you get a lot of exposure to the pro lifestyle, thats a pretty good thing when youree trying to change into a pro.ddddddddddddNow six foot four and 220 pounds, Getzlaf grew almost four inches between his WHL bantam draft, when he was taken in the third round, and his first Hitmen training camp in 2000.He compiled 95 goals and 125 assists in 215 games as well as 12 goals and 16 assists in 28 playoff games for the Hitmen.A first-round pick of the Ducks in 2003, he would have played in the NHL at 19 if not for the lockout of 2004-05. But remaining in junior made him available for what is arguably the best Canadian junior mens hockey team in history.Part of a unique class of big Canadian forwards born in 1985, Getzlaf, Jeff Carter and Brent Burns were the three towering forwards head coach Brent Sutter put on the ice for opening faceoffs.Canada dominated the 2005 world junior championship in Grand Fork, N.D., to win gold for the first time since 1997. The tournament was the highlight of Getzlafs final season of major junior hockey.Our team probably wouldnt have had a lot of guys at that world juniors had the NHL been playing, he recalled. It was an experience I wouldnt trade in for the world.He twice played for Canadas junior team — winning a silver medal in 2004 — and was twice a WHL all-star. He remains involved with his major junior team sponsoring a Hitmen program called Getzlafs Gamers which provides Hitmen tickets to children.Everyone in Calgary was always good to me, Getzlaf said. The people around the city, even when I came back as the enemy, people were always pretty good to me.The Hitmen arent retiring his No. 15 in Sundays ceremony and Getzlaf applauds that.I think its a good way to do it where you dont have to lose numbers, he explained.Especially at the junior level, I dont think you can start putting up a whole bunch of jerseys up in the rafters and not have numbers to wear, so its a cool way of honouring somebody and not sacrificing the number forever. Wholesale MLB Orioles Jerseys Red Sox Jerseys From China Discount Yankees Jerseys Online Rays Jerseys For Sale Blue Jays Jerseys From China Wholesale MLB White Sox Jerseys Indians Jerseys For Sale Tigers Jerseys From China Wholesale MLB Astros Jerseys Cheap Baseball Angels Jerseys Athletics Jerseys From China Mariners Jerseys For Sale Cheap Baseball Rangers Jerseys Braves Jerseys For Sale Discount Marlins Jerseys Online Discount Mets Jerseys Online Phillies Jerseys From China Wholesale MLB Nationals Jerseys Cubs Jerseys From China Discount Reds Jerseys Online Brewers Jerseys From China Wholesale MLB Pirates Jerseys Wholesale MLB Cardinals Jerseys Diamondbacks Jerseys For Sale Rockies Jerseys For Sale Discount Dodgers Jerseys Online Discount Padres Jerseys Online Giants Jerseys For Sale ' ' '

Do 16. Mai 2019, 09:49