Aktuelle Zeit: Sa 27. Apr 2024, 04:48

Wendell Carter Jr. Jersey 
Autor Nachricht

Beitrag Wendell Carter Jr. Jersey
Kawhi Leonard’s time with the San Antonio Spurs may soon be over.

A person familiar with the situation says Leonard has told the Spurs that he would like to be traded this summer Quinton Dunbar Jersey , the clearest sign yet that the relationship between the team and the All-Star is in disrepair.

The person said Leonard has decided that he is ”unhappy with the situation” in San Antonio. The person spoke with The Associated Press on Friday on condition of anonymity because neither the player nor the team commented publicly.

Yahoo Sports and the San Antonio Express-News first reported Leonard’s hope for a trade.

Leonard played in only nine game with the Spurs this past season because of a leg injury – officially described as right quadriceps tendinopathy, and the Spurs listed him as out on their injury reports for much of the year citing ”injury management.” In the 2016-17 season, he averaged a career-best 25.5 points and was third in the MVP voting.

Leonard is due just over $20 million next season, and can become a free agent in the summer of 2019. It’s unclear if the Spurs will go ahead and try to trade him, or if the team will try to patch things up with the 2014 NBA Finals MVP and two-time NBA defensive player of the year.

There were signs of strain in the relationship this past season while Leonard was sidelined.

The Spurs were reduced to giving only cryptic answers about Leonard’s status. While San Antonio was in the playoffs, losing in the first round to eventual repeat champion Golden State, Leonard was rehabbing in New York – which meant that Spurs coach Gregg Popovich, when asked for the situation, deferred all comment to ”Kawhi and his group.”

Teammates also were tight-lipped about Leonard’s situation, even by Spurs standards. ”He has to do what’s best for him,” Spurs forward LaMarcus Aldridge told USA Today Sports back in April.

All of Leonard’s nine appearances with the Spurs this season were prior to the All-Star break Josh Sitton Jersey , none of them coming after Jan. 13.

The quarterback merry-go-round in Minnesota has lost a lot of qualified riders over the past decade and more, and the Vikings made an unprecedented commitment this year to Kirk Cousins to make it stop.

Cousins, too, has experienced his share of unsettled situations over a career during which he has often fought skepticism toward his ability to be a premier player.

This season, for both parties, there's no question about who the starter will be. Cousins arrived less than five months ago, and he has yet to take a snap for the Vikings that counts. Still, they've already anointed him their team leader.

"At some point you have to be given a license to lead to lead. You have to be given permission to take charge, and when you're still having internal competition it's hard to do that," Cousins said. "I've been in those situations in the past."

Not only in Washington, where he played his first six years as a pro http://www.chicagobearsteamonline.com/mike-glennon-jersey , but in the early part of his time in college at Michigan State.

"It was hard to really assert my personality in the locker room, because I didn't want to step on the toes of the other people," Cousins said.

"So that's something, when you know your role and it's been defined, you can then lead from a place of greater comfort and from that platform. I think that helps the overall dynamic."

With a fully guaranteed $84 million contract over the next three years, the Vikings will be steered by Cousins through at least 2020 even with a roster stacked with stars at several positions. If all goes well, the marriage would last until he decides to leave the game.

"If there's a quarterback competition, you don't have one, OK?" offensive coordinator John DeFilippo said. "I've been at spots before where there is quarterback competition and you're worried, because neither guy is really stepping in front of the other one."

Daunte Culpepper, whose career was derailed in the 2005 season by a massive knee injury Nate Hairston Jersey , was the last sustained starting quarterback for the Vikings.

None of the successors, as successful as they might have been, stayed longer than two years. Teddy Bridgewater was on his way to solving the problem, until he hurt his knee even worse than Culpepper.

Sam Bradford was an exceptional fill-in, but then he was hurt and replaced by Case Keenum. Despite his hand in helping the Vikings reach the NFC championship game, the front office and coaching staff were never fully committed to Keenum for the long term.

So now the offense has been turned over to Cousins, who has found himself the center of attention more quickly than he anticipated.

"I was surprised by how much my teammates gave me that license to lead quickly. I thought they were going to want to have me prove myself a little bit longer than maybe I had to," Cousins said. "They were very supportive and said, 'No, man. It's your show. Let's go.'"

The first two days of training camp have been primarily for rookies and other players either relatively inexperienced or recovering from injuries, but Cousins has taken part along with all the other quarterbacks.

Running back Dalvin Cook has shed his knee brace Braden Smith Jersey , declaring himself fully past the ACL injury that ended his rookie season early. Cornerback and kickoff returner Mike Hughes is the first-round draft pick. Cousins, of course, has the biggest share of the spotlight, as he will for as long as he's putting on a purple jersey.

"We exude that confidence in Kirk," DeFilippo said. "I think he exudes that confidence in us, and we're really looking forward to him playing well this year and leading our football team."

Wendell Carter Jr. Jersey

Do 20. Sep 2018, 10:32